Friday, April 27, 2007

New Drawing


I've been trying some waterbased oil pastels on colored Asian papers. They are very transparent, so I started with a base of construction paper crayons. I like those things, they are very opaque and made a good base for the pastels. After editioning some of my woodcuts, I decided I needed to brighten up a little today. Then tonight I visited an Australian design blog I really like called Absolutely Beautiful Things, and she (Ann) was having a pink and yellow week, with posts of very very beautiful images of rooms and objects, so I sent this image and she kindly included it in her week's roundup. What a great idea, focusing on a color combination in that way. This drawing was fun, but not as much fun as pulling the first of this image tentatively called "Rocks". Suggestions for a better title are welcome!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Lovely drawing Betty, and you're being so proactive on getting your work out there. Thanks for linking to me, I just returned the favor!