Sunday, March 25, 2007

planning new work


Now that my show at TAC is almost over, I'm torn between spring cleaning and starting some new work or finishing paintings I've already started. I'm really wanting to draw, not sketch, not preparatory work, but draw. So I find myself gathering those materials around me, bringing them out of boxes, finding the sanguine and bistre, thinking about paper while doing laundry (cold press Fabriano is where I am right now, but Arches 88 is always around just because I like it).

While gallery sitting Friday I did these in my sketchbook, one on a dark brown canson that I covered with Rembrandt white (a pastel, not the toothpaste!), and the other with white pastel and sanguine conte on a bright yellow paper. The holes are what I punch into my sketchbook paper.

No comments: