Saturday, February 9, 2008

New Studio

This morning "Promote your art" classmate Jerry Cable wrote about the wonder of suddenly and unexpectedly finding the studio of his dreams. Our stories are very different, but I am also finding my studio. It is the room that was once the childhood bedroom I shared with my sister who now lives in Ohio. Here is a picture of my studio in those early days. The windows (there are four) look out onto the backyard and garden, and beyond there is a small pasture with horses. A few years ago a robin built a nest on the ledge of the window in the right of the photo, and my elderly mother and I got to watch the whole process up to the baby birds flying away.

Yes, that is a real fox stole around my sister's neck. I don't remember where it came from, but it definitely was a hand me down - and those are silk honeysuckle on my hat (loved that hat). The teapot played "you take the high road" when you picked it up. It is a little shocking how many of the objects in this photo I still have - the clock, the table, the teapot (not the fox!).

1 comment:

Brian Landreth said...

WOW - I remember those days! Chutes and Ladders anyone! Hey cuz, Glad it's going well. I look forward to great things coming out of your studio.