Sunday, November 25, 2007

My one print


At the Quartz Mountain workshop with Luther Smith, I focused on trying to make one good print. This was a pretty good idea because my allergies made it inadvisable to do much walking around outside and taking pictures. I learned a lot, and this is the best print I got, from our field trip to the town of Mangum, OK. My scan of it loses all the details in the shadows that I tried to hard to maintain, but you get the general idea. I called it checks because of the repeating pattern of squares in the bench, the tiles on the ground and the wall, and also in the shadow.

3 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

I love the strong shadows, and yes, the checks! Glad you had a good workshop.
Jean

www.JeansArtBlog.com

Cynthia said...

I see all the patterns and textures too! Nice work, Betty.

Kesha Bruce said...

I'm always happy when you show photos of your new work here. Is there any way you can make your photos bigger? More More please!

Also----you've been tagged!

Please share 5 things about yourself that we don't already know.