Sunday, October 14, 2007

back to this one


Putting an unfinished painting on the wall is risky business, because I can get attached to it the way it is, but it sure is easier than storing them! This one is going to get some work today.

This painting is an image I have worked with four times now, from my sketchbook to a small painting to this larger unfinished piece, to a woodcut.

Allergy season is upon us, and I spent part of yesterday at our local Festival in the Park in the Oklahoma wind, and the rest of it trying to get ready for a garage sale and taking things to storage, so the dust and pollen did double duty. Staying indoors and painting is probably a good idea. I already had one day of school with no voice, and thankfully my students treated me kindly. We accomplished a lot with hand gestures and notes.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I often use the same imagery over and over too, Betty. I think there's a lot to learn from the practice. Your painting looks finished to me, but then again I don't know what your original thoughts and direction were. I love the composition and the palette.

Get better soon!